Water: Science Lesson
Water is one of the most important substances for life on earth. Its special qualities make life as we know it possible. Think about all the ways we need and use water: from the little things, like ice for cooling our drinks, to global matters like the rain that waters crops.
In this lesson you:
- Identified the three states, or phases, of matter: solid, liquid, and gas
- Explored how water changes from one phase to another
- Examined arrangement and movement of water molecules in each phase of matter
On your own:
- Make a list of all the ways you use water in everyday life. What phases of water do you use everyday? What’s the most common phase of water that we encounter?
- Breathe on glass and create some condensation. You’ll be seeing a phase change from gas to liquid in action.
- Cook a meal with all three phases of water. If you need some inspiration, check out the recipes in the Water video.