Here’s a summary of our definitions:
- Producers: organisms that can produce their own food from non-living things, specifically
- Phototrophs: organisms that get energy from light through photosynthesis
- Consumers: organisms that get their food by consuming other living things, specifically
- Herbivores: organisms that consume plants and other producers
- Carnivores: organisms that consume animals
- Omnivores: organisms that consume both plants to animals
Let’s put some real examples in these categories. Drag and drop the names of organisms into the correct category.